- This policy was updated May 22, 2018
- This policy is, to the best of our knowledge and efforts, compliant with the Global Data Protection Regulation.
What Information Do We Collect and How Is This Information Used?
- We may receive and store information that you voluntarily submit through the Website for the purpose of subscribing to the Website to receive newsletters, for the purpose of leaving comments on blog posts, or administering sweepstakes, contests or promotions. Examples of information collected for this purpose are your name, email address and website URL. This information is only captured when you voluntarily enter or opt-in and enter this information for collection.
- We may receive and store certain types of usage-related information when you interact with the Website, including but not limited to, your computer’s IP address and browser information. The information we collect is used to customize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual visitor.
- The Website uses Google Analytics to track statistics regarding our audience and Website traffic. No personally identifiable information is transferred from the Website to Google Analytics. For more information on Google’s Analytics privacy policies, please visit this site.
- This Website engages in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
- CohnQuest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Third-Party Use of Personal Information
Will We Share the Personal Information It Collects?
We will not sell, distribute, or reveal users’ email addresses or other personal information without their consent. This does not include third-party partners, such as those listed above.
Modification or Deletion of Personal Information
You can decline to submit personal information at any time. If you decline, we may not be able to continue to provide service to you. You may request deletion of your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com, but in some cases, we may be required to keep your information by law. In such a case, it would no longer be active and would be kept separately in an archive.
If you continue to use our site, you are providing implied consent. If you’re unsure about how cookies are used, please read on. If you understand how cookies are used and you would prefer to not have your activity tracked, you should exit our site now.
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. CohnQuest is the sole owner of the information collected on on our site.
I use the information you provide about yourself to communicate with you in response to your inquiries and to provide the services you request. I use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design this website. Finally, I never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to me online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
In order to provide certain services to you, I may on occasion supplement the personal information you submitted with information from third-party sources. In the event CohnQuest goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via prominent notice on this web site for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
Cookies and how they benefit you
- Make this website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve this website for you
- Make the marketing more efficient (ultimately helping me to offer the service I do at the price I do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies used below.
We use essential, performance, and marketing cookies/plugins on our site, including the following:
- WordPress Framework
- Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Ginger EU Cookie Law
- Mailchimp/Mailmunch Email Marketing (GDPR compliant)
- SiteOrigin Theme and Plugins
- Wordfence Security
- Yoast SEO
More about cookies:
Website-function cookies/Our own cookies
- Remembering your search settings
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Social websites cookies
So you can easily Like or share our content on sites such as Facebook and Twitter and we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
- Google Analytics
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (learn how here). Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of this site and a large proportion of the world’s websites — cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that you have concerns around cookies relating to so called spyware. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
Your Data Rights
If, at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect, you may request to see this information, have it corrected, or request it be deleted from our database. If you have any question or concerns on how we handle your personal data, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org